The Protected Cell Companies Act
To provide for the incorporation of a protected cell company, or the conversion of an existing company into a protected cell company, whereby cells may be created for the purpose of segregating and protecting the assets of one cell from the assets of another cell.
- A protected cell company shall be treated as a single legal person.
- The name of such a company must include the words “Protected Cell Company”, the abbreviation “PCC” or any cognate expression approved by the Registrar.
- Each protected cell shall have its own distinct name or designation.
- A protected cell company may only be incorporated as such if it is an authorised mutual fund or registered to conduct international insurance business.
- Full provisions for receivership and administrative orders.